Thursday, December 23, 2010

Great Hummus - Christmas Gift

Idea from a friend:
I thought I'd give a healthier option to neighbors and friends this Christmas for our "treat" AND use up some food storage too.
I made hummus from scratch - using a bunch of cans of garbanzo beans I had in my storage.
Recipe:
1 can (15-16 oz) garbanzo beans (rinsed drained)
2 T lemon juice
2 T tahini paste (or creamy peanut butter)
2 tsp olive oil (or veg. oil)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in a small food processor.

I put quart sized ziplocks full of red green tortilla chips with a small disposable tupperware container in red cellophane and it makes a really cute gift.

This is good hummus! - WM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find all your Frugal Friends info right here now!




Followers

Blog Archive