Saturday, September 15, 2018

Chinese Noodles

I am still staying away from wheat products in general so when I made these noodles, I split the batch and used my own rice noodles. I also used my tamari sauce instead of soy sauce and omitted the ham in my batch. See below for a great meal where there's not too much extra work for a lower glycemic diet. This recipe is from the Mary Sia Chinese cookbook.

 Read through the recipe and get everything chopped up first.

 Photo not shown: Cook the noodles according to package directions (just the egg noodles, or both egg and rice noodles separately). Run thru cold water.
 Boil the celery to soften (I added some pepper flakes instead of fresh peppers).
At the same time, you can cook up the scrambled eggs. Cut and set aside.
 Add all of the veggies and the reserved liquid from celery boiling above.
 Put 1/4 c. sesame oil in nonstick pan and fry cooked noodles until slightly crispy. Stir often.
Decide how to portion out the veggies and eggs. Set some aside for the separate rice noodles if you're doing that batch too. Add all of the ingredients to the slightly crispy noodles (above). And the rest to the cooked rice noodles (below).
Cook up the "gravy" and add to the egg noodles before serving. 
Just add some Tamari before serving the rice noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find all your Frugal Friends info right here now!




Followers

Blog Archive