Thursday, April 2, 2020

Squash - Pumpkin Soup: Both Reg and dairy free versions

I made this for both me and my family. I made a 1 1/2 batch for them and a 1/2 batch for me.That uses the whole 29 oz large can of pumpkin. Here is the original recipe:
My tweaks are listed below (no dairy)...

 Easy ingredients and variations ...

Tip: Freeze the onion for at least 1 hour before peeling and cubing. No tears that way.
Cook all of the onion in Olive oil or Coconut Oil.
Granulated Garlic: I added 1 tsp to mine and 3 tsp to the family's portion

I peeled, cubed and boiled the butternut squash on the stove and then took about 1/3 c for my soup.  

Turns out it's better to bake it or cook in the crock pot. But I didn't have the time for that. 
The 20 minutes to boil the squash which the recipe says above is perfect. 

I blended my portion in an individual sized container. 
Adding some of the soup from the crockpot helped with the blending. 


Then I mixed the two together and wow - a great taste and texture. 

Here's my soup before adding the squash.


I used 1/2 c. Almond milk in place of the 1/2 and 1/2. By cooking all of the onions in Coconut oil or Olive oil (as shown above), you save time and is better for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find all your Frugal Friends info right here now!




Followers

Blog Archive