Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Using beans

I am trying to use more beans in our diet. It has been challenging since many in my family do not like any kind of tomato based product. I've gone to a class to learn about sprouting beans and have done that a few times, just adding the sprouted beans (1/2 c or so) to the regular bean recipe. The family has not noticed a change.
Today, I'm trying to substitute bean flour in a recipe.
I went to http://beprepared.com/article.asp?ai=70 for some background info on how to use bean flour. Then I found a couple recipes I thought I could try.
I went to Allrecipes.com and am doing the Amish White Bread - substituting 1/2 c. of bean flour for 1/2 c. of the white (there's 6 c. of flour all together).
Then I'm going to try a non-tomato based chili found on the same website. It's called White Bean Chicken Breast Chili. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find all your Frugal Friends info right here now!




Followers

Blog Archive